NFL Power Rankings For Week 11AFC News, BREAKING NEWS, News, NFC News, NFL Thursday, November 17th, 2011
The Bears, who many said were done after their loss to he Lions, have proved many of the critics wrong with their four game winning streak. The Bears defense looks as physical as ever, and Jay Cutler is flourishing in Mike Martz’s offense. The critics also said that the Patriots were done after they lost the Steelers. They showed on Sunday Night that they are far superior to the Jets. Brady showed why many say he is the best in the business.
In turn, the Eagles season is pretty much over after a loss to John Skelton and the lowly Cardinals on Sunday. I’ve never seen such a huge collection of talent, yet the players don’t fit together. The NFL is fight to the end, and the bell has already rung on the Eagles season.
- Packers– Dominated their rivals the Vikings, in front of a national TV audience. Same old story, but the defense improved tremendously.
- 49ers– The Giants came in, and the 49ers had no problem. Their defense is as physical and as aggressive as any in this league. However, the most important thing to take away from their win is that Alex Smith can do much more than manage the game.
- Texans-Physically dominated the Bucs on their home turf. The season ending injury to QB Matt Schaub will hurt, but not as much as people think.
- Ravens-Every time I declare that I think the Ravens are the tops in the AFC, they disappoint me with a loss to a bad team, this time the Seahawks.
- Steelers– Commend this team on a hard fought win in Cincinnati. However, this doesn’t look like the historic Steelers team’s, they win with Roethlisberger and the passing game.
- Saints-Its so tough to stop the Saints offense. They are balanced, and can attack you in many ways. I’ve always thought that they were better than the Falcons, and they proved me right.
- Patriots- Statement game in New York that included the coming out party of the Patriots defense. Plus, Brady looked like his old self and their schedule is favorable enough for me to expect the to win the AFC East.
- Bears– Showed the Lions why they made it all the way to the NFC Championship last year- with a physical, down-hill defense and an offense that now doesn’t look as one dimensional as once thought.
- Lions- Couldn’t match the physicality of the Bears, could run the ball and the offense was awful on 3rd down. Good news: A tune-up game as the Panthers before the Thanksgiving showdown vs. the Packers
10. Giants- Giants played with the 49ers, but couldn’t win it in the end. Even with a tough road ahead, I have more confidence in them because of Eli Manning’s play.
11. Bengals- Just like the Giants, played with the Steelers, but couldn’t win it in the end. All is not lost, they are still in a good position to make the playoffs
12. Falcons– Don’t like Mike Smith’s decision to go for it on 4th down in overtime, but I do get why he did it. Titans come in off a win, but I expect the Flacons to rebound, especially at home.
13. Raiders- Carson Palmer looked like his old self in San Diego, and their defensive line dominated the line of scrimmage all night. They now are division favorites.
14. Jets- Mark Sanchez played erratic, and the Jets D had no answer for the Patriots offense. Going to Denver on a short week will be a tough test.
15. Cowboys- Dominated the Bills, and in the process showed why the NFC East is a two-division race.
16. Chargers- Phillip Rivers still isn’t himself, and even better is that the Chargers get to travel to Chicago to face a Bears team that is on a winning streak. Good Luck.
17. Titans- Dominated the Panthers on the road, and because of Matt Schaub’s injury could creep into the AFC South race. Still Sorry Nashville, I doubt it.
18. Bills- The Bills are at a crossroads. They started fast, but have lost consecutive games by wide-margins. Their defense looks soft, and their offense limited.
19. Broncos- Tim Tebow only completed two passes, but that’s all he needed behind the Broncos aggressive Defense and their down-hill running game.
20. Chiefs-Their winning streak was against teams that just flat out aren’t good, and they caught the Chargers at their worst. What I’m saying is that they are average at best.
21. Bucs- I question their effort, and the leadership of Raheem Morris after the Bucs got spanked at home. Just way too inconsistent.
22. Eagles-Cant believe what I saw on Sunday from the Eagles. Michael Vick, despite broken ribs, looked like the old Michael Vick who left the pocket early and was very inaccurate. Also didn’t help that DeSean Jackson was out, and that Andy Reid refused to run the ball in the 4th Quarter again. The defense played decent for much of the game, until the 4th Quarter, when it counts. I also don’t get why Nnamdi Asomugha wasn’t on Larry Fitzgerald the WHOLE game. Starting to look like Andy Reid’s last straw.
23. Seahawks- Seattle is always a tough place to win, especially when the Seahawk play to their opponent. The Ravens were yet another victim of the 12th man.
24. Cardinals-John Skelton stepped up when it counted, and the Cardinals are now 2-0 this year when he starts. However, don’t give up on Kevin Kolb just yet. Give him time.
25. Jaguars-Beat the Colts on Sunday, and Blaine Gabbert continues to grow. However, Jack Del Rio may not be safe in January.
26. Redskins- Offense continues to be one of the worst in football, but give it time. It should help whenever they acquire their franchise QB.
27. Panthers-The Panthers need to play better on defense for them to take the next step. A offseason priority must be to improve their secondary, especially with the division they are in.
28. Dolphins- Dolphins are still playing hard, and now they have wins to show for it. Unfortunately, their dreams of selecting Andrew Luck are over.
29. Rams- Found a way to win in Cleveland, by blocking a short Browns FG attempt. Still need more weapons on offense.
30. Browns- The Browns offense still cant score points in any way, and that is a huge problem, especially n today’s NFL that favors offenses tremendously.
31. Vikings- Christian Ponder is still growing, and playing well. However, besides from the beast that is Jared Allen, their defense is horrible.
32. Colts-No way any team catches the Colts, who now with ten losses have pretty much secured the #1 overall pick and Andrew Luck.
Short URL: http://gcobb.com/?p=26185