Notes From Phillies’ 7-4 Loss To MilwaukeeBREAKING NEWS, News, Phillies Friday, August 17th, 2012
- Cliff Lee turned in a fine start, lasting 7.2 innings, giving up five hits, and striking out 12 batters. All three of the earned runs he surrendered came on solo home runs.
- For the second straight game, the bullpen suffered an implosion that ruined a quality performance from the starter. On Wednesday it was B.J. Rosenberg, Raul Valdes, and Mike Schwimer combining for six earned runs in one inning, last night it was Jeremy Lindblom allowing three runs while recording just one out.
- Lindblom was brought in with two outs in the eighth inning to face Ryan Braun, and intentionally walked him. Two batters later, he gave up a grand-slam shot to Corey Hart.
- Even though an error by Kevin Frandsen helped keep the inning alive, Lindblom effort out of the bullpen still left a lot to be desired. He’s only been with the team for a few weeks, but it’s hard for me to imagine him being a quality eighth inning setup man in the future. I think he can be a quality reliever, but he’s not someone that it looks like you can trust late in a game.
- Kevin Frandsen had a big night at the plate, going 3-5 with a three-run double.
- Domonic Brown made a great play to snap a pop-up from the crowd in the seventh inning. He’s been dependable in the field so far since being recalled from the minors.
- Laynce Nix got the start in centerfield, and went 1-3.
- Ryan Howard had a three-hit game, and drove in a run.
Short URL: http://gcobb.com/?p=32464