Will Andrew Bynum Re-sign With The 76ers?76ers, BREAKING NEWS, NBA, News Sunday, August 19th, 2012
If you’re not pumped about the Sixers right now, I don’t think you will ever be. Nobody would have thought that the Sixers would be the team buzzing around the city in August. This time of the year is mostly for Eagles and Phils talk. The Sixers look like they are ready to make their mark around here again.
That press conference was entertaining to watch. Easily, one of the best presser’s that I have ever seen. You had the fans chanting Bynum’s and J-Rich’s names…awesome. Some of the best parts were when the fans decided to boo Mikey Miss when he was trying to ask a question to Bynum. Another one was when the wired 96.5 reporter jumped in and asked J-Rich what his favorite music to listen too, while warming up for a game. No one saw that coming. Simply awesome.
With all that said, what are the chances of Bynum resigning? It seems pretty high right now, especially after that presser. Here are five things that might help the Sixers resign Bynum. For my number 4 reason you can say mission accomplished….
1. The Sixers can offer the most years and most money to him. Though if he does sign here during the season he can only receive a three year deal from the Sixers. He can receive a five-year deal from them after July 1st under the CBA’s rules. Maybe, Bynum thinks he can get two big contracts. He is only 24. That would be the only reason why he would resign right now with the Sixers. He most likely will wait to sign until July 1st.
2. One of the biggest things that can help the Sixers in resigning Bynum falls in the laps of Turner and Holiday. Hopefully, Turner and Jrue can ride off their playoff performances and continue to grow. The Sixers will become a very good team if they do. If Bynum sees he can win with Jrue and Evan that will better the chances for the Sixers.
3. Another thing is that we have heard how Bynum wants to be the “Guy” for a team. He wants to be the franchise player. If he really wants to be one he could not ask for a better opportunity. This franchise is here for the taking. This one makes too much sense to me.
4. The Sixers have already started to roll out the red carpet for him. They have around 13 billboards welcoming Bynum to Philly and they have already opened his press conference to the fans. They most likely offered free cheese-steaks for life to him. Just saying…We are starting to learn that this ownership is willing to use every resource they can to make a great first impression. Just keep rolling out the red carpet Sixers.
5. One last thing, he is an East coast guy. He grew up in New Jersey, maybe that will help as well. As Bynum said “I feel like I am coming home”. The bottom line is that at least the Sixers have a chance now… Me happy
Short URL: http://gcobb.com/?p=32493