Notes From The Sixers’ 99-93 Loss To New York76ers, BREAKING NEWS, News Sunday, February 24th, 2013
- Another loss for the Sixers, what else is new? At least the team didn’t completely roll over and die tonight like the did yesterday against the Miami Heat.
- Jrue Holiday led the team with 30 points, 11 of which came in the fourth quarter. It would be nice to see Holiday perform with a quality supporting cast around him. Maybe next year.
- Evan Turner scored 21 points, and also contributed eight assists and six rebounds. It’s the fourth straight game that Turner has scored at least 16 points, and the second time in the last four that he’s scored 20 or more. We’ve seen the former second overall pick have games like this before, but he’s yet to prove that he can sustain a high-level of play.
- The Sixers welcomed Thaddeus Young back to the lineup tonight, and the undersized power forward gave the team a nice performance, posting an 11-point 10-rebound double-double, and also notched four steals.
- Although Young returned to the lineup tonight, I don’t understand why Arnett Moultrie was left out of the rotation for the second time in three games. The first-round pick looked as though he was making progress towards adjusting to NBA competition, and with the Sixers still in dire need on any kind of inside presence, Doug Collins can’t at least give the rookie a 15-20 minute run every night? That’s inexcusable. All of the team’s remaining games should be about evaluating the talent on the roster for next season. There’s no reason why Moultrie shouldn’t be playing every night.
- Spencer Hawes really struggled in the this game, hitting just three of his 11 shot attempts. Hawes and the other Sixer bigs that played had problems matching up with Tyson Chandler and Amare Stoudemire. Chandler and Stoudemire combined for 27 points and 17 boards.
- One night after scoring 19 points against the Heat, Nick Young was held scoreless. He missed all four of his shot attempts, and played just over 17 minutes.
Short URL: http://gcobb.com/?p=36169