Notes From The Phillies’ 6-3 Loss To AtlantaBREAKING NEWS, News, Phillies Wednesday, August 14th, 2013
- John Lannan got the start, but left the game early after pitching just 1.1 innings. Lannan was pounded by the Atlanta lineup for five runs on four hits and three walks. His ERA has increased to 5.33.
- Lannan left the game early due to a knee injury.
- Domonic Brown was the one bright spot in this game, going 3-4 and finishing a triple shy of the cycle. Brown knocked in the team’s only runs with a two-run shot in the sixth.
- Michael Young also had a multi-hit game, going 2-4 and scoring a run.
- Jimmy Rollins went 1-4 with a double.
- Darin Ruf went 1-4 with a solo home run in the ninth. Ruf worked an eight-pitch at-bat before launching his bomb off of Atlanta’s David Carpenter.
- Cody Asche went 0-3 with a walk, dropping his average to .196.
- Zach Miner took over for Lannan and gave the team 2.2 innings, allowing three hits.
- Caesar Jimenez pitched 1.2 innings, allowing a hit and a walk.
- Raul Valdes pitched the seventh inning, and allowed a run. Valdes also pitched the eighth.
John Lannan is doing all that he can to make sure the Phillies have no interest in bringing him back next season.
Lannan has only made it out of the fifth inning once in his last five starts. He’s been injury-prone, and doesn’t have the most impressive stuff.
Lannan seems destined to go down as just another one of Ruben Amaro’s unimpressive roster moves that were unable to make a positive impact on the team.
Short URL: http://gcobb.com/?p=38658