Notes From The Sixers’ 95-92 Win Over Charlotte76ers, BREAKING NEWS, News Wednesday, January 15th, 2014
- The Sixers took control of this game during the second quarter, during which they outscored the Bobcats by 10 points.
- Charlotte would make up ground through the final two quarters, and tie the game at 92 late in the fourth quarter.
- With just over three seconds remaining, Thaddeus Young hit a three-point shot to give the Sixers the win.
- Young finished with 11 points, five rebounds, and two steals. He shot just 4-10 before hitting his game-winner.
- Evan Turner led the Sixers with 23 points. He also chipped in seven rebounds and four assists. It was Turner’s first 20-point game since January 4.
- Spencer Hawes registered a double-double with 17 points and 14 boards.
- Michael Carter-Williams scored 20 points to go with eight rebounds and seven assists.
- James Anderson played over 30 minutes, but took only four shots.
- Recently signed center Dewayne Dedmon came off of the bench to collect seven rebounds in just 14 minutes.
Earlier today there was a report that Nerlens Noel could be ready for game action after the All-Star break.
I only want Noel to play this year if he is truly 100%, and there is little risk involved for him to reinjure himself in any way.
When Noel does eventually join the rotation, it will be interesting to see what kind of shape the roster is in. Its possible that by that time, the team will have made some moves, potentially dealing away guys like Evan Turner, Thaddeus Young, or Spencer Hawes.
Short URL: http://gcobb.com/?p=41337