Notes From The Phillies’ 7-3 Win Over Los AngelesBREAKING NEWS, News, Phillies Friday, April 25th, 2014
- Kyle Kendrick lasted 5.2 innings, allowing two runs on 10 hits and one walk.
- Kendrick allowed both of his runs in the fourth inning on a two-run homer to Juan Uribe.
- Carlos Ruiz hit out of the two hole, and went 3-3 with two doubles and two walks. Ruiz drove in two runs.
- Marlon Byrd went 3-5 with two doubles, and drove in four runs.
- Ben Revere went 2-5 with two singles.
- Cody Asche went 1-5 in his return to the lineup.
- Freddy Galvis played both shortstop and third, and went 0-3.
- Jake Diekman recorded the final out of the sixth inning.
- Mike Adams blew the lead by allowing a run in the seventh inning, but bounced back with a scoreless eighth and earned the win.
- Jonathan Papelbon pitched a scoreless ninth.
After a poor start to the road trip, the Phillies have won four of their last five, and taken three of four from a very good team in the Dodgers.
Should Ryne Sandberg consider leaving Carlos Ruiz at the top of the order? The veteran has responded extremely well whenever he’s been asked to move up in the lineup this year.
Short URL: http://gcobb.com/?p=42055