Notes From The Phillies’ 12-6 Loss To TorontoBREAKING NEWS, News, Phillies Thursday, May 8th, 2014
- A.J. Burnett finally cooled off from his recent hot streak, allowing seven runs (six earned) over six innings.
- Burnett gave up two doubles and three home runs.
- Ryan Howard went 1-5, hitting a two-run homer in the ninth.
- Marlon Byrd went 2-4 with another double.
- Domonic Brown drove in a run with an RBI double in the second inning.
- Jimmy Rollins went 2-5 with his fourth double of the year.
- Chase Utley went 2-4 with a double and a triple.
- Luis Garcia was called up from Triple-A earlier today, and pitched the final two innings, allowing five runs on four hits and a walk.
The Phillies weren’t shut out again! In fact, they scored more than three runs!
Well, that’s the good news. The bad news is that most of those runs came in garbage time.
The other bad news is that for the second straight game, the Phillies gave up 10 runs or more, and one of their top pitchers got shelled by the opposition.
The team’s four-game set against the Blue Jays has been a complete disaster. The Phils fell flat on their faces, dropping all four games and plunging their record back to three games below .500. All momentum that the team might have gained from taking two of three from the Nats is gone now.
Short URL: http://gcobb.com/?p=42158