Notes From The Phillies’ 7-4 Win Over ChicagoBREAKING NEWS, News, Phillies Sunday, June 15th, 2014
- David Buchanan allowed three runs over five innings, earning his second win of the season.
- Buchanan allowed a run in three separate innings, giving up three solo homers.
- Jimmy Rollins picked up a base hit, giving him the team’s all-time record for hits.
- Marlon Byrd went 2-3 with a walk, a double, and a triple.
- Chase Utley went 1-4 with a solo home run in the first inning. It was Utley’s fifth long ball of the year.
- Domonic Brown hit a three-run homer in the fifth that proved to be the difference in the game.
- Carlos Ruiz went 2-4 with a couple of singles and drove in a run.
- Mario Hollands pitched a scoreless sixth, lowering his ERA to 2.66.
- Justin De Fratus worked a clean seventh.
- Jake Diekman gave up a run on three hits in the eighth inning.
- Jonathan Papelbon earned his 15th save in the ninth.
Short URL: http://gcobb.com/?p=42368