Notes From The Phillies’ 4-1 Win Over St. LouisBREAKING NEWS, News, Phillies Friday, June 20th, 2014
- David Buchanan turned in his strongest start of the season, pitching 7.2 innings and allowing just one run on four hits and a walk.
- Ryan Howard was the driving force for the team’s offense once again, going 2-4 with three RBI’s. Howard hit an opposite field home run in the seventh inning.
- Domonic Brown drove in the team’s other run.
- Carlos Ruiz continues to hit out of the two-hole, and went 1-3 with a double and also worked a walk.
- Chase Utley went 2-4 with a couple of singles and scored two runs.
- John Mayberry continues to start in centerfield, and went 0-4.
- Jake Diekman got the final out of the eighth inning.
- Jonathan Papelbon recorded his 17th save of the year.
Ryan Howard has been carrying this team offensively during their winning streak.
Howard has hit three homers and driven in nine runs over the last four games.
David Buchanan may have a chance to stick in the rotation even after Cliff Lee comes back. The coaching staff has been down on veteran Roberto Hernandez, and they may opt to put him in the bullpen and keep Buchanan starting if he continues to pitch at a high level.
Short URL: http://gcobb.com/?p=42402