Notes From The Phillies’ 3-2 Loss To PittsburghBREAKING NEWS, News, Phillies Saturday, July 5th, 2014
- David Buchanan took the loss, pitching six innings and allowing three runs on six hits.
- The Phillies offense generated only two runs for the second straight game.
- They managed just five hits.
- Marlon Byrd and Cody Asche drove in the team’s only runs with a couple of solo homers.
- For Byrd, it was his 17th of the year.
- Ryan Howard went 0-3 with a walk.
- Howard has just one RBI since June 20th.
- Cameron Rupp was the catcher again, and went 0-3.
- Jimmy Rollins and Ben Revere went a combined 0-6 at the top of the order.
- Ken Giles pitched 1.1 scoreless innings, and struck out two.
- Antonio Bastardo got the final two outs of the eighth inning.
Ryan Howard has really been struggling heavily over the last month and a half.
With the exception of one week where he drove in nine runs, Howard’s bat has been almost completely silent.
Since June 3rd, if you take away the four-game stretch where those nine RBI’s came from, Howard has just two RBI’s in the other 27 games in that stretch.
That’s terrible production from the cleanup position.
Short URL: http://gcobb.com/?p=42520