Notes From The Phillies’ 2-1 Win Over AtlantaBREAKING NEWS, News, Phillies Sunday, July 20th, 2014
- Cole Hamels anchored the team with seven scoreless innings, allowing just four hits while striking out nine.
- Hamels acquired a rare win, just his fourth of the season, and lowered his ERA to 2.83.
- Jimmy Rollins knocked in both of the team’s runs with a two-run homer in the seventh inning. Rollins finished the game 1-5.
- Grady Sizemore got another start, and continues to play well. Sizemore went 3-4 with a double, and scored a run.
- Chase Utley and Ryan Howard combined to go 0-7 with two walks.
- Howard’s average has dropped to .219.
- Marlon Byrd went 2-4 with a couple of singles, and left five men on base.
- Domonic Brown went 2-4, raising his average to .230.
- Ken Giles worked a scoreless eighth, earning his third hold of the year. Giles struck out two, and lowered his ERA to 0.60.
- Jonathan Papelbon earned his 23rd save of the year.
Short URL: http://gcobb.com/?p=42551