Notes From The Phillies’ 8-2 Loss To AtlantaBREAKING NEWS, News, Phillies Sunday, July 20th, 2014
- Kyle Kendrick buried the team by the third inning today, allowing six runs.
- Kendrick gave up two runs in the second, and then got lit up for four runs in the third.
- Ryan Howard sat out today in favor of John Mayberry at first base.
- Mayberry supplied one of the team’s only runs with a solo shot.
- Grady Sizemore played centerfield, and went 2-4 with a couple of singles. Sizemore has now hit in all six of his appearances with the Phillies.
- Jimmy Rollins and Chase Utley combined to go 0-8.
- Rollins left four on base, and hit into a double-play.
- Marlon Byrd hit in the cleanup spot today, and went 2-4 and drove in the team’s second run.
- Cody Asche went 0-4 with four strikeouts.
- Koyie Hill went 2-4 in a start at catcher.
- Domonic Brown went 1-4 with a double.
- Mario Hollands had another terrible appearance in the sixth inning. Hollands allowed two runs to score, allowing one hit but walking four batters.
- Hollands has allowed six runs in his last three appearances, and his ERA has shot up from 2.10 to 3.62.
- Jake Diekman threw a scoreless seventh.
- Justin De Fratus mopped up with a scoreless eighth.
Kyle Kendrick has been brutal recently.
Kendrick has allowed four or more runs in eight of his last 12 starts, and its been a real struggle for him to pitch effectively.
Kendrick is on his way to one of the worst statistical years of his career. He’s already suffered 10 losses, which is just three away from a career-high of 13 that he set just last season, and his ERA is dangerously close to the 5.00’s.
In July alone, Kendrick has an ERA well above 6.00.
Short URL: http://gcobb.com/?p=42556