On The Mound
- Jeremy Hellickson turned in another disappointing start, failing to make it out of the fifth inning.
- Hellickson only gave up three runs, but managed just 4.2 frames of work.
- Jake Thompson took over for Hellickson and got the final out in the fifth. Thompson returned to pitch a scoreless sixth but allowed two runs in the seventh.
- Pat Neshek recorded the final out of the seventh, and came back to pitch a scoreless eighth.
- Hector Neris pitched two scoreless innings and earned the win.
At The Plate
- The offense generated six runs on 11 hits.
- Freddy Galvis got the scoring started with a two-run double in the fourth.
- Down 5-2 in the eighth, Aaron Altherr hit a pinch-hit three-run homer to tie things up.
- In the 10th inning, Galvis knocked in the winning run with a sacrifice fly.
- Cesar Hernandez went 1-5 with a single.
- Daniel Nava started in left and went 1-5 with a single.
- Odubel Herrera went 2-5 with a double.
- Maikel Franco went 0-3.
- Michael Saunders went 1-3 with a walk.
- Andres Blanco entered as a replacement for Franco at third, and went 1-2 with a walk.
The Phils finally snapped their losing streak, and managed to salvage a game from the weekend series with the Nationals.
It came on a day where Washington decided to rest both Bryce Harper and Ryan Zimmerman, otherwise the Phils may not have been as fortunate.