The Philadelphia Phillies won their third straight game on Wednesday night, taking down the Braves 3-2. Their record improves to 42-69.
On The Mound
- Jerad Eickhoff pitched 6.2 innings, allowing just two runs on nine hits.
- Eickhoff went through the first six innings scoreless, giving up both of his run in the seventh.
- Adam Morgan picked up the final out of the seventh.
- Edubray Ramos got the first out of the eighth, and Hoby Milner picked up the final two outs.
- Hector Neris got the save in the ninth.
At The Plate
- The offense put up three runs on five hits.
- Odubel Herrera went 2-4 with two triples, driving in a run.
- Freddy Galvis went 2-4 with a double and an RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez went 1-4 with a double.
- Maikel Franco and Tommy Joseph each went 0-4.
- Nick Williams went 0-3.
- Cameron Rupp went 0-4 with three strikeouts.
- Cameron Perkins started in left and went 0-3.
The Phillies really seem to have the Braves’ number.
The Phils have won six straight against Atlanta, and are on the verge of another sweep.