On The Mound
- Henderson Alvarez got the start, and pitched five scoreless innings, giving up five hits and three walks.
- Kevin Siegrist gave up a run in the sixth.
- Adam Morgan pitched a scoreless seventh.
- Luis Garcia blew the game in the eighth inning, allowing three runs to score.
- Hoby Milner came out to record the final out of the frame in relief of Garcia.
At The Plate
- The offense generated just two runs on eight hits.
- Odubel Herrera hit out of the leadoff spot, and went 0-4.
- Freddy Galvis went 1-4 with a single.
- Nick William went 1-4 with a single.
- Rhys Hoskins doubled home one of the team’s only runs.
- Aaron Altherr took an 0-4 with three strikeouts.
- J.P. Crawford went 1-3 with a single and a walk.
- Cameron Rupp got a start at catcher, and went 1-3 with a single.
- Tommy Joseph had a pinch-hit single.
The Phillies blew a winnable game tonight.
The offense just wasn’t able to add to their early lead, and the young bullpen was unable to protect a one-run lead late in the game.